Call us today626.440.5200

Hunt Ortmann Palffy Nieves Darling & Mah, INC.


the cornerstone of construction law

Hunt Ortmann is one of the foremost authorities on California construction law, contracts, dispute resolution and litigation offering additional legal services in the areas of business and commercial law, employment matters and labor law compliance, real estate, insurance and suretyship.

receive the latest H+O Newsletter

Sign up now

Smart girls guide to construction law

Stay Connected

California-Mandated Training for Employers

Get Information

Los Angeles Change Order and Extra Work Lawyer

While most public works contracts include extensive requirements regarding requests for and approvals of materials, equipment, or work other than that specified in contract documents, in the heat of an ongoing project, with the twin pressures of satisfying the schedule and maximizing productivity given limited access to the worksite, contractual niceties may be ignored:  onsite personnel may request that additional work be done immediately, without making the written request required by the contract documents or obtaining prior approval.  All these factors make it important to consult a Los Angeles Change Order and Extra Work Lawyer for all projects. We understand the harsh realities of the worksite, and the enormous pressures brought to bear as everyone tries to keep on schedule and to make progress towards completion.  Nonetheless, additional materials, equipment and work cause escalated costs and can prevent contractors from earning a reasonable profit.  Hunt Ortmann’s attorneys have successfully handled hundreds of disputes over change orders and requests for extra work, and have secured reasonable payment for our clients.

If you need help recouping lost assets due to change orders and extra work, contact the Los Angeles Construction Lawyers of Hunt Ortmann today for a consultation.

Client Review

"Honest, caring, and extremely effective in collecting and fair on my cost. Thanks again for the excellent service provided."
Dave F.

How can we help you?